UPSC Exams in India
The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is a constitutional body set up in India to conduct examinations for various Central Government positions. Established in 1926, it was given constitutional status based on Article 315 to 323 of the Indian Constitution that came into effect on January 26, 1950.
The UPSC conducts examinations pertaining to Civil Services, Defence Services, Engineering Services and Medical Services. Apart from these main categories, UPSC also conducts Economic Service, Police Forces and Statistical Service examination.
The following are the examinations held in India by the UPSC:
- Combined Defence Services Examination
- Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination
- Combined Medical Services Examination
- Central Armed Police Forces Examination
- Central Industrial Security Force AC (EXE) LDCE
- Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examination
- Engineering Services Examination
- Indian Economic/Statistical Service Examination
- Indian Forest Service Examination
- National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination
- Section Officers and Stenographer Exam