KTET 2019 – Eligibility Criteria
The candidates are highly recommended to read the Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form for KTET 2019. The candidates must meet the Eligibility Criteria which is set by Exam Conducting Authority.
Subscribe to get latest updates – Click Here
Find the details about Eligibility Criteria based on Category:
Category I (Lower Primary Teacher):
- The Candidates must have passed 12th with 45% marks & 2-year Trained Teachers’ Certificate/ 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- 12th passed with 50% marks & 4 B.El.Ed./ 2-year Diploma in Education (SE) are also considered eligible.
Category II (Upper Primary Teacher):
- Candidates should have completed BA/B.Sc./B.Com & 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education/ TTC
- Completed BA/B.Sc./B. Com with 45% marks & 1-year B.Ed
- Completed 12th with 50% marks & 4-year B.El.Ed/BA/B.Sc/B.Ed/B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
Category III (High School Teacher):
- BA/BSc/BCom with at least 45% marks and a B.Ed. Degree in the subject concerned (from any one of the Universities in Kerala or have acquired these qualifications from any other Universities recognised as equivalent thereto).
- For Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, those who have M.Sc.Ed Degree in the subject concerned with not less than 50% marks from one of the Regional Institutes of Education sponsored by NCERT will be eligible to apply. For Botany and Zoology subjects, those with M.Sc.Ed Degree in Life Science with not less than 50% marks from any of the Regional Institutes of Education are eligible to apply.
- BA or equivalent with at least 45% marks and who passed in LTTC are eligible to apply.
Note: Candidates belonging to SC/ST and differently abled categories shall be granted a relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum qualifying marks. Relaxation of 3% in the qualifying marks is admissible to OBC & OEC candidates to appear for the K-TET- III.
Category IV- Language Posting
Candidates who possess the required qualifications for the post of Language Teachers of Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit & Urdu (up to Upper Primary level), Specialist teachers & Physical Education teachers as mentioned in Chapter XXXI of KERALA EDUCATION ACT AND RULES( http://www.education.kerala.gov.in/Downloads2011/KER/Chapter_31.pdf) are eligible to apply for K-TET- IV.