JEE Main 2019 Merit List – New Ranking System Announced for JEE Main
JEE Main Merit List will be based on Percentile score and not raw Marks. As per the latest announcement by HRD Ministry the merit list for admission to engineering colleges, including Indian Institutes of Technology, through the Joint Entrance Examination – Main (JEE-Main) will be based on percentile scores and not the raw marks aspirants scored in the test.
JEE Main Exam 2019 Merit List will be based on Percentile score & not on raw Marks
A senior official of the HRD ministry stated that the “normalisation procedure based on percentile score” to arrive at the NTA score has been based on the format in practice for the undergraduate-MBBS test conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi.
NTA has announce new ranking system from 2019 entrance examination.
Please find the below New ranking system details.
- Each session will have its own percentile score with the highest score/scorers as 100 percentile.
- All the session will be put together and the master NTA Score will be prepared for the final ranking.
- A final merit list will be announced after the April Session.
- The score of the top ranked candidate in the final ranking will be 100 percentile.
- The tie breaker between the 100 percentile scorers (or any percentile rank) will be the highest percentile in mathematics, physics, chemistry in that order.
- If the scores are tied even after this method the older person will be ranked higher.
What does “Percentile” mean?
Percentile is a value that represent the percentage position in a list(range) of Data. The 100th percentile is defined to be the largest value in the ordered list.
For example, if you scored at the 70th percentile, then this means that you scored the same or better than 70% of the individuals in the group.
To see official notification or official detail about the Merit list – click here